HomeUnited KingdomPoland travel advice

Poland travel advice

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to:

  • the whole of Poland based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

If you are returning to the UK from Poland, you will need to self-isolate on your return (unless you are exempt). Check the latest guidance for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

Travel is subject to entry restrictions

  • UK nationals, their spouses and children are included in the Polish Border Guards list of those who are exempt from entry restrictions related to COVID-19.
  • There are separate entry requirements for those who are resident in Poland. If you are resident in Poland, you should carry proof of residence as well as your valid passport when you travel.
  • From 14 January flights between the UK and Poland are permitted.
  • From 28 December, you are required to self-isolate on arrival in Poland if you enter by public transport, or have coronavirus symptoms, or have come into contact with someone who has.

See Entry requirements for more information before you plan to travel.

Preparing for your return journey to the UK

If you’re returning to the UK from overseas, you will need to:

Check our advice on foreign travel during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and sign up for email alerts for this travel advice.

Flights between UK and Poland are permitted from 14 January but this could change at short notice. Some airlines are making commercial decisions based on demand. If you were due to travel to or from Poland and have been informed your flight has been cancelled, contact your travel operator for more information.

Flights are also operating between Poland and a number of countries including most members of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. If you are travelling to Poland from a third country you should check online with your carrier and your departure airport to ensure your flight is still scheduled to depart before travelling to the airport.

UK nationals who are legally resident in Poland will need to show proof of residence when entering Poland.

If you’re planning travel to Poland, find out what you need to know about coronavirus there in the Coronavirus section.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever to get travel insurance and check it provides sufficient cover. See the FCDO’s guidance on foreign travel insurance.

There is a general threat from terrorism. There may be increased security in place over the festive period, including at Christmas markets and other major events that might attract large crowds. You should remain vigilant and follow the advice of the local authorities.

Many British nationals visit Poland every year. Most visits are trouble-free.

Terrorist attacks in Poland can’t be ruled out. See Terrorism 

If you’re living in or moving to Poland, read the Living in Poland guide in addition to this travel advice.

Driving in Poland can be hazardous. See Road travel

If you hold dual Polish and British nationality, the British Embassy may only be able to offer limited consular assistance.

If you need to contact the emergency services in Poland call 112.

If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission.

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.


Stay Connected
Must Read
Related News