HomeUnited KingdomNotarial and documentary services guide for Nepal

Notarial and documentary services guide for Nepal


Book an appointment to make a certified copy in Kathmandu The British Embassy in Kathmandu cannot confirm this information, only the relevant authority can provide this confirmation. You can get examples of the wording of the consular certificates to present to the relevant authority for advice. What you will need to bring with you:

Services we provide in Nepal

  • certifying copies of British passports

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office holds and uses data for purposes notified to the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such personal data may be disclosed to other UK Government departments and public authorities. We accept residence cards, bank statements, utility bills, driving licenses, etc. as proof of your address.

What to bring to your appointment

The British embassy no longer handles applications for renunciation and naturalisation or registration as a British citizen. All applications are now handled by the UK Border Agency.


The British Embassy in Nepal provides limited notarial services for British nationals.

Proof of address and identity

This service is for customers who need certified photocopies of British passports. Please also see our additional information on marriage. If there is no specific formal requirement for a notarial service or certificate to be provided by the embassy, local notaries or lawyers can sometimes provide these services more conveniently, quickly and cheaply. Check with the relevant authority (eg Chief District Office /registry office/local authorities etc) either in the UK, Nepal or a third country that our consular certificate or service will be accepted.

Make a certified copy of a British passport

If you cannot find what you are looking for, below please refer to the list of services which may be provided elsewhere. For all appointments for notarial services you will need to bring acceptable proof of your identity and address. Fees for consular certificates and documents can be paid by credit card, debit card or in cash when you visit the consular section at the embassy.

Services provided by other authorities

We accept passports, residence cards, driving licences, etc. as proof of identity.

Data protection

See the individual services below for details of supporting documents to bring. Make sure you have acceptable proof of address and identity, and payment for any fees. See the full list of consular fees


This information is provided as a general guide and is based upon information provided to the high commission by the relevant local authorities and may be subject to change at any time with little or no notice. Accordingly the FCDO and the British High Commission will not be liable for any inaccuracies in this information. British nationals wishing to obtain any further information must contact the relevant local authority.


Stay Connected
Must Read
Related News