In the call for government grant applications for 2023, special emphasis was laid on rules-based international cooperation; prevention of conflicts; crisis management and mediation; human rights and human security; the European Union as a global actor; comprehensive transatlantic cooperation; and security threats related to climate change.
By the deadline, set by the Ministry, 34 CSOs had submitted their applications. The amounts applied ranged between EUR 20,000 and EUR 440,000.
The support is granted from 2023 Budget item 24.90.50 (Certain government grants) and it is meant for CSOs’ activities that are related to Finland’s foreign and security policy and international commitments.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs awarded discretionary government grants to the following CSOs based on their applications:
The awarded grants are general grants for the CSOs’ activities in 2023. Discretionary government grants are awarded for one year at a time.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has awarded EUR 1,726,000 in discretionary government grants to 26 civil society organisations (CSOs) operating in the field of foreign and security policy.
- Finnish National Youth Council Allianssi
- CMI Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation
- European Movement in Finland
- Historians without Borders in Finland
- Finnish League for Human Rights
- KIOS Foundation
- Wider Security Network (WISE)
- World Wide Fund for Nature, WWF Finland
- Paasikivi Society
- Save the Children Finland
- Perpetuum mobile/ Artists at risk (AR)
- Peace Education Institute
- Sámi Council
- SaferGlobe Finland
- Finnish Forum for Mediation
- Arctic Society of Finland
- Atlantic Council of Finland
- YMCA Finland
- Finnish Red Cross
- Peace Union of Finland
- UN Association of Finland
- National Union of University Students in Finland – SYL
- UN Women Finland
- World Federation of the Deaf
- Åland Islands Peace Institute
This is the seventh year when discretionary government grants are awarded based on an open application procedure.
- Anna Huovila, Counsellor, Political Department, tel. +358 295 350 649, firstname.lastname@example.org