His Excellency Dr. Mikhail Myasnikovich, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus, paid a working visit to India on 13-14 November 2012.
- The Prime Minister of Belarus was the guest of honour at the inauguration ceremony of the 32nd India International Trade Fair 2012 in New Delhi. During the inauguration, the visiting dignitary had a wide-ranging discussion with Shri Pranab Mukherjee, President of India. The President warmly recalled his interaction, as the External Affairs Minister of India, with President Lukashenko, during the latter’s state visit to India in 2007. Prime Minister Myasnikovich, accompanied by the Minister of Commerce and Industry of India, Shri Anand Sharma, inaugurated the special pavilion of the Republic of Belarus at the India international Trade Fair. Belarus has been designated India’s partner country at the Trade Fair this year and more than 60 Belarusian companies and organisations are participating in the Fair, showcasing their scientific and technological prowess.
- Prime Minister Myasnikovich met with Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, and held detailed talks focussed on raising bilateral cooperation to a qualitatively higher level. Both leaders agreed to give a strong fillip to bilateral relations, particularly in the areas of fertilisers, pharmaceuticals and science & technology. Shri. Anand Sharma, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Shri Jaipal Reddy, Minister of Science & Technology, Shri. Pratik Patil, Minister of State for Coal and Shri Sudhir Mittal, Secretary, Department of Fertilisers also called on the visiting dignitary.
- A Joint India-Belarus Business Forum was organised on the occasion by India’s apex chambers of commerce and industry, CII, FICCI and ASSOCHAM. The business forum was addressed by the Belarusian Prime Minister and the Indian Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Ms Daggubati Purandeswari. Three business level contracts were also concluded.
- Bilateral documents in the fields of energy, fertilisers, pharmaceuticals, education, media and information technology were signed in the presence of the Prime Minister of Belarus.
- India and Belarus reviewed the progress in bilateral cooperation and agreed to intensify dialogue and cooperation in the trade, economic and industrial spheres and focus on the areas of fertilisers, pharmaceuticals, science and technology, information technology, education, culture and sports. Both sides agreed to expeditiously resolve outstanding issues of bilateral trade and promote two-way investment flows and the setting up of joint ventures. Both sides also exchanged views on a number of regional and international issues of mutual concern and agreed to continue their close cooperation at international and multilateral fora.
- The visiting dignitary invited the President and the Prime Minister of India to visit the Republic of Belarus at their convenience.
15 November 2012