To promote Hindi as an international language and to institutionalize the organization of World Hindi Conferences, a World Hindi Secretarait has been set up in Mauritius under the bilateral agreement signed between Govt. of India and Govt. of Mauritius on 21st November, 2003. The idea was first conceived by the then Prime Minister of Mauritius Sir Seewoosagar Ramgoolam during the first World Hindi Conference held in Nagpur in 1975.
In India Ministry of External Affairs is the nodal Ministry for coordinating the work relating to the establishment of the Secretariat.
All interested Indians (resident and non-resident Indian citizens, as well as Overseas Citizens of India and Persons of Indian Origin) are invited to participate in a “Competition for Design” of a Logo for the World Hindi Secretariat. The Logo should bring out the essence of this organization.
Submission of entries
- Entries may be submitted by interested persons by email to email@example.com The last date for accepting entries is July 07, 2014.
- The design should be the original work of the participant(s) and must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- An entry could be an individual or a team project.
- Every entry should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the design and how it best symbolizes the concept of the World Hindi Secretariat. The biodata of the applicant/applicants along with contact details should also be attached.
- Each participant can submit no more than two entries.
Guidelines for preparing entries
Preferred file type:
- EPS file(or AI)-Adobe illustrator, version, CS3 or lower.
- File with the “.ai” extension or the “.eps” extension can also be provided.
- File should contain artwork that has been drawn on illustrator, and not imported to it.
- All fonts should be converted to outlines.
- If the file contains spot colours or RGB colours, they would be converted to CMYK.
Other acceptable file types:
- TIF, JPG, or PSD(CS3 or lower).
- Logo artwork should be at least 2 inches long along the smallest side.
- File should be of high resolution-at least 300 pixels or inch at 100% size.
- File should look clean(not pixilated or bit-mapped) when viewed on screen at 100%.
File types that we cannot use to reproduce your logo in print:
- WORD(.doc, .docx)
- Powerpoint (.ppt)
- Self –extracting files such as EXE or SEA.
If the participant is unable to provide a file type that has been listed under the preferred/acceptable file types, we will make every effort to work with what has been provided but please be aware that the final printed result might be less than desirable.
- Entries sent once shall not be returned.
- The final selected logo shall become the intellectual property of the Government of India and the designer shall not have any right over the same.
- The Government of India shall have the right to use, print or reproduce the prize winning logo in any form it deems fit.
- The responsibility to comply with the guidelines and other conditions fully lies with the participant/partcipant and the Government of India shall not be liable for any dispute raised by a third party.
- All entries received by the stipulated date and found in order, shall evaluated by a Jury of Examiners.
- The Government of India, if it so decides, reserves the right to not to proceed with the competition at any stage.
- The designer of the finally selected design will get a prize money of Rs.50,000/- and would be required to surrender copyright of the design to the Government of India.
June 06, 2014
Click to view Urdu version[86 KB]
Click here for Tamil version[67 KB]
Click here for Malayalam version[65 KB]
Click here for Assamese version[74 KB]
Click here for Bengali version[82 KB]