All times are approximate and subject to change.
Economic and Financial Dialogue between the EU and the Western Balkans and Turkey: 12 July
Eurogroup meeting: 12 July
Arrivals (live streaming)
Doorstep by Eurogroup President, Paschal Donohoe
Eurogroup in inclusive format (roundtable)
– Economic and Financial polices – Exchange of views with United States Secretary of the Treasury
– Banking Union – Debrief of and follow-up to the June Euro Summit
– Euro area fiscal stance
– The euro as a digital currency – stock-taking
At the end of the meeting (+/- 19.00): press conference with Eurogroup President, Paschal Donohoe, Commissioner Paolo Gentiloni and ESM Managing Director, Klaus Regling (live streaming).
Economic and Financial Affairs Council: 13 July
+/- 08.00 Arrivals (live streaming)
Time to be confirmed
Doorstep by Andrej Šircelj, Sloveniaʼs Minister for Finance
10.00 Beginning of the Economic and Financial Affairs Council
– Adoption of the agenda
– Approval of “A” items
+/- 10.10-11.20 (public session)
– Adoption of “A” items: legislative list
– Sustainable finance package policy debate
– AOB: Current financial services legislative proposals
– Presentation of the presidency work programme
– Economic recovery in Europe: implementation of the Recovery and Resilience Facility
– Council implementing decisions under the Recovery and Resilience Facility regulation
– European Semester 2021: conclusions on the 2021 in-depth reviews
– Follow-up to the G20 finance ministers and Central Bank governors meeting of 9-10 July 2021
Press conference with Slovenian Finance Minister, Andrej Šircelj, and Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis (live streaming).
Arrangements for the press conferences
In light of the gradual relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions in Belgium, a limited number of journalists will be allowed to attend physically the Eurogroup meeting and the ECOFIN Council. More info here.
Press conferences will remain accessible also in video conference. EU accredited journalists should register using this link to be able to ask questions remotely. Journalists who already registered for previous Eurogroup/ECOFIN press conferences do not need to register again.
– Deadline for the registration: Monday 12 July, 17.00
Further instructions will be sent to all registered participants after the deadline.