Start date : 12/03/2021
End date : 12/03/2021
EESC (room JDE62), Brussels, Belgium
European Economic and Social Committee,
Covid-19, Economy and the euro, Employment and social rights,
This hybrid conference will see the launch of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) study ‘The response of civil society organisations to the COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent restrictive measures adopted in Europe’, as well as topical debates with high-level speakers and civil society representatives.
Discussions with high-level speakers and civil society representatives will focus on:
- the impact of the pandemic on vulnerable groups of people
- how CSOs helped these vulnerable groups
- initiatives taken by CSOs to review how they handled the crisis
- the ways in which CSOs will contribute to reconstruction and to sustainable post COVID-19 communities.
The event is aimed at:
- assisting CSOs to redesign their own structures and to become more sustainable
- helping CSOs to be involved in the design and implementation of the recovery plan for Europe
- feeding into the wider debates on the Conference on the future of Europe and on the Social Summit in Porto (May 2021).